Physical fitness has always been an integral part of my life. My careers have required physical strength and endurance. In a family construction business it was vital that I could lift granite and other objects twice my weight.
Then corporate America had me spending many hours on planes, standing all day teaching training seminars and running to catch the next flight.
I have been able to maintain my well-being through my commitment to fitness. Becoming a certified Pilates instructor gives me the ability to teach functional fitness to others. This translates directly to better posture and graceful, efficient movement in everyday life.
How can I help you? Let’s talk.
T. 919.518.6741 E. Jena@pilatesconfidence.com
- Certified Pilates Instructor through The Pilates Center in Boulder, Colorado, an internationally recognized teachers training program in 2009
- Certified Breast Cancer Post-Rehab Exercise Specialist, Pink Ribbon Program in 2009
- Certified Pink Ribbon Master Trainer, train and certify other Pink Ribbon instructors, 2010
What matters to my clients?
Across the board my clients want to improve:
- Core strength
- Improve posture
- Slim down
- Improve overall strength
- Improve balance
What sets me apart?
- I really care about people. I want them to feel good in their bodies and about their bodies.
- I want my clients to be able to do Pilates even when I am not around. I help them master the tools to take care of their health.
- I have faced health challenges and those experiences allow me to connect with my clients in a deep and meaningful way.
Why I do what I do?
I have always had people ask me about health and fitness. I would be in a coffee shop, store or restaurant and strangers would ask me about fitness. It’s always been a natural fit for me. I want others to be the best they can be.
My training program through The Pilates Center required 900 hundred initial hours of intense training to insure that I am well equipped to teach classic Pilates. I am also PMA certified. The PMA is the only third-party professional certification exam in the Pilates industry. It requires CECs to maintain certification.
Pink Ribbon Program
The Pink Ribbon Program has made it possible for people who have experienced breast cancer to find instructors easily with the Pink Ribbon Finder.
As a Pilates instructor and as someone who has experienced breast cancer, I am able to answer the questions they haven’t been able to ask. The emotional exhaustion from breast cancer is equally as hard as the physical exhaustion. I work with each client to help regain strength in both areas.
We talk about their experience and how it continues to affect them. We face fears together.